Thursday, November 15, 2007

my new favorite recipe

Some reviews from Costco co-workers: "Nat -- this is the best cookie you have ever baked for us" "That is the kind of cookie you would pay $2 for at a gas station" "Costco should pay you $50 a week to bake cookies for us" and it went on and on. (I really only bake for the compliments) Before you ask, here is the recipe: Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 2 C plus 2 Tb flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 12 Tb butter, melted and cooled until just warm 1 C packed brown sugar 1/2 C white sugar 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk 2 tsp vanilla 1-1 1/2 C chocolate chips Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Adjust racks to upper and lower middle positions. 1. Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside. 2. Mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until just combined. Stir in chips to taste. 3. Roll a scant 1/4 C of dough into ball. Pull the ball into 2 parts and twist so the jagged parts are up, smoosh back together. Place on cookie sheets. 5. Bake 15-18 minutes, switching racks 1/2 way through. Cool the cookies on the pan. (makes about 12 cookies, I double the recipe) from The New Best Recipe cookbook

12 comments:

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

We tried those cookies and they were DELICIOUS!!!!

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

Chicken wings on Sunday?????

brittany said...

I think we need a step by step guide, especially where you pull the ball apart, twist and smoosh back together.

{natalie} said...

aar&nan-- sunday is good for us, i work until 4:30 though.

britt---i don't know that the pull apart part is really necessary. i think you could just ball them. i'll try to take a pic of the diagram.

Ashley said...

the twist and smoosh was alittle confusing for me. Although, they look really good.

{Erica} said...

ummm YUMMMMM!!! I can't wait to try these!

jody said...

I think that is the recipe that Dane makes when he actually follows a recipe...they do look outstanding!!!!

You are just a little homemaker.

Rachel and Brian said...

ditto to the twisting part...could you break that down for us.

*ethan* said...

there so so good

Ashley said...

Nat-
Rich made these cookies today. They are HUGE.
very good.
thanks

brittany said...

Dear Nat:

We made your cookies last night. Talk about ENORMOUS. I wonder if we did the smoosh part right. Either way, Ryan said that it was the best choc. chip cookie he's ever had. Thanks for the recipe.

gillian said...

I tried this receipe last night with my 4yr old son. I don't know what I did wrong...I wasn't able to 'roll' them, the dough was terribly sticky!!! The good news is they cooked fine and tasted even better!!! My new favorite receipe!